Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sangre Noir

Since the three people who read this already think Noirran Marx is fabulous, ignore us while I gush Add Imageover her newest. She's already expanded the Sangre Noir line past the gowns and dresses into more casual clothes and I'm seriously happy about that since I loved her casual work at Subtle Submission too. I tend to wear slacks more than dresses anyway and so when Noirran put up her new suit with pants and a fun flouncy coat...guh.

Layers. Noirran gets layers, especially for women...which means I can mix and match and play and if she never made another thing I'd have hundreds of combinations to work with already.

The suit first: black subtle brocade with nice edges, and silver laced bindings. Jacket top can be worn with or without the lower coat, giving it a more vest-like look (except not) or with the lower coat which gives that kind of kicky nearly formal flair that the George Sands would have adored.

It comes with a velvet and lace top, or without lace, because there are two sets of cuffs, and full layered collar with wee throat embellishment. I didn't quite get around to trying the shirt itself with other outfits... but I will.

It also comes with this very fun tophat, complete with beaded net veil, the kind of vintage elegance you rarely see any longer.

So, playing with it prompted me diving back into the Sangre noir folder and coming up with two of my favorite tops: the red crop from the Twisted hunt and the Pumpkin top from another hunt Noirran particapted in...GLEE!! the pumpkin especially worked with the chunky wood set Rosie made me and with the very nice cool gifts coming across from Le Look -- Bax Boots and a Maitreya slouchy hat and hair set that I kind of love.

There's no bad here at all. I ran through a ton of poses to get these shots and all the seams held up. The broacade is subtle but noticeable -- makes you wish you could touch it.

Gonna get a lot of wear out of this, for damn sure.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Everything I'm wearing:

Sangre Noir sets:
Velvet Suit Noir
#9 top in Pumpkin no undershirt
Boutonniere (men's Twisted)
Twisted hat for men (hah!)
Twisted Hunt Dress Top red

Hair:
Maitreya : LE.LOOK! la femme - Hair/ Hat - Coffee
[Shag] - Caught (F) - chestnut (DTCH)

Jewelry:
Custome nose chain - Sable Rose
[+] Celtic Cross Knotted Hemp Choker w/ Pewter & Glass Beads (Appetite & Eve)
Jae Chunky wood set: necklace, bangles, earrings - Sable Rose

Boots: BAX Coen: LE.LOOK! la femme - Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment